Cafe Marquesa - Zagat's highest rated restaurant in Key West
No visit to Key West is complete without a trip to Café Marquesa. A local and tourist favorite Key West restaurant. For a memorable dining experience, Café Marquesa’s "Contemporary American Cuisine” does not disappoint. Specialties include grilled meats and fresh, local seafood, complemented by inventive appetizers and salads as well as fresh baked breads and desserts made daily.
Diners at the 50-seat restaurant catch glimpses of kitchen theatre behind a hand-painted trompe l'oeil wall. Large mahogany-framed mirrors give diners a view of the entire restaurant. Specialties include Macadamia Crusted Yellowtail Snapper, Proscuitto Wrapped Black Angus Filet, Conch & Blue Crab Cakes, Roast Rack of Australian Lamb and Pan Roasted Duck Breast.
Based on seasonal availability, Chef Susan Ferry selects the finest seafood, meats and produce to design the menu. She and her team of talented chefs present innovative interpretations of classic dishes nightly.
A cozy bar is available for drinks, light bites, dessert and coffee or full meals. Friends and hotel guests meet at the bar prior to dinner and before or after the theatre. It is a great place to begin or end an evening!
Take a look at our Key West restaurant menus... (pdf)
Awards for our Key West restaurant:
- 2015 Top 10 Romantic Restaurants - Open Tables
- Zagat 2014-Highest Food score for all Key West restaurants
- Florida Trend Magazine's 2014 Golden Spoon Award
- 10 Best / USA Today Travel says - Best Splurge: This award-winning, upscale restaurant complements the Marquesa Hotel. Chef Susan Ferry serves up an eclectic menu selection that includes dishes such a pan-roasted duck with red curry sauce, seafood dumplings in Saki-Miso broth, rack of Australian lamb with goat cheese and cranberry-reduction sauce. The atmosphere is intimate and romantic, and the wine selection is equally as diverse as the menu options.
- 2014 Best Miami/South Florida Romantic Restaurnants
- 2013 Gayot - Top 10 Miami/South Florida Romantic Restaurants
- 2013 Gayot - Top 10 Miamia/South Florida Wine List Restaurants
- 2013 Fodors - "Cafe Marquesa provided us with our favorite meal in Key West."
- 2010 Zagat Survey - Highest ranking of Key West restaurants. "For a taste of sophistication Key West style, this small but superb seafood-oriented New American restaurant offers a beautiful, creative blend of local and global flavors, relaxing ambiance and meticulous yet unfussy service."
- Top Chef Judge Tom Colicchio says, "...when I do go out to eat, I go to Café Marquesa. Excellent!"
- April 2006, USA TODAY-Zagat Survey, Cafe Marquesa named in the "Top 100 Hotel Restaurants in America"
- DiRona Award - (Distinguished Restaurants of North America), 15 consecutive years
- 2007 Florida Travel Magazine, Top 50 Restaurants in Florida